At the studio here we always create fresh original designs that deliver effective memorable solutions. You don’t have to be passionate about logo design to realise that having a corporate image is essential.
Logo design has so many diverse definitions; they all run seamlessly with the infinite question: What makes great logo design? For me personally great logo designs need to incorporate the following 8 fundamental components:
Represent & connect with company or brand, be flexible & utilisable, brand awareness, simple in design, memorable, work in colour and black & white, be everlasting and finally excite & inspire.
- Represent & connect with a company: A logo should tell you all about the company. It has to mirror the company’s soul and reflect a positive imprint.
- Be flexible & utilisable: Any logo designer knows the importance design job of these 2 chums. A logo design needs to be used across various design mediums (business cards, letterheads, promotional material, websites and so on).
- Brand awareness:No matter how much I love creating a seamless minimalist logo, it also has to contain a good measure of brand awareness otherwise the end logo design is pretty inadequate.
- Simple in design:Less is more certainly applies to logo design. Designing a corporate logo or identity that hold all the compulsory essentials in the right place wrapped in a simple yet productive design blanket is for me the ultimate successful logo design triumph.
- Memorable: Consumers need to instantly (in the blink of an eye) recognise the logo whilst linking it with their company or brand. The right term used for this: Brand recognition. (best example Coca-Cola)
- Colour: Any good logo designer will tell you that your logo design needs work in colour as well as black and white (when the message can become a lot stronger).
- Everlasting: An iconic logo stands the test of time even when the company they symbolise evolves through time. A properly designed logo should have a timeless quality.
- Excite & inspire: Personally I love logos with a hidden message or a story behind them. A logo you can look at a second time and connects with you on an entire different level that is for me crème de la crème logo design.
In a nutshell:
Great logo design should instantly communicate the essence of any business or brand delivering simplicity and style with maximum lasting impression.